Kathi Dobson and Schelle Wood were asked by OSHA to provide data regarding the level of harassment in the construction industry. Linked below is a survey via Survey Monkey that will provide OSHA and our association with anonymous information regarding member experiences related to bullying, sexual harassment and sexism/gender discrimination in the construction workplace.
The survey (link below) should take approximately 10 minutes. If you wish to provide additional information regarding your experiences, we estimate it may increase the survey time to 45 minutes.
The 10 question survey will be open from March 30 – May 31, 2017 and the results will be provided to OSHA and available to NAWIC members at the 2017 Annual Meeting and Educational Conference. The survey and related data will support our Alliance goals.
Additionally, if a statistically significant number of women participate, we will issue a proposal for presentation to one (or more) national association’s safety & health conference in an effort to share the information with the construction community.
- 2017 National Safety Stand-Down - To Prevent Falls in Construction: May 8-12, 2017 | Spanish
- Webinar: OSHA Record-keeping Review & Important Updates - Video | Podcast
- Webinar Handout: Published on The National Law Review article by Kathryn J. Russo
- Webinar Handout: AGC Efforts to Help Move OSHA to Modify Controversial Drug Testing Position
- Webinar Handout: OSHA 300 Recordability Determiner (Excel File)
- Sanitation Handout for Employees | Spanish Version
- OSHA Revises Rule on Injury and Illness Reporting and Record keeping
- American Heat Illness Prevention
- Construction Apps Focusing on Fall Prevention & Heat Illness Prevention (article from The NAWIC Image)
- PPE for Workers Checklist
Through the Alliance, OSHA and NAWIC will work together to provide NAWIC members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect the health and safety of workers, particularly by reducing and preventing exposure to ergonomic hazards, sanitation hazards, and issues related to personal protective equipment selection in the industry, with the focus on a subset of construction workers with unique needs. Read more...
The OSHA and NAWIC National Alliance was signed in August of 2013. You can read it it here.
Please check back regularly. This page will be updated with OSHA/NAWIC developed products as well as other OSHA/NAWIC related news and events. If you are a member of NAWIC you can also access our Safety & Health Awareness Committee's Web Page for construction safety related material.
|NAWIC’s OSHA-Alliance Task Force|
Kathi Dobson, Alberici Constructors, Inc., North Central Region - Detroit, MI Chapter
Schelle Wood, Dolphin Sheet Metal, Inc. Southeast Region - Greater Palm Beach, FL Chapter
Diana Greener, United Rentals , South Central Region - Waco, TX Chapter
Lorie Ann Lythgoe, S.B.Cox,Inc., South Atlantic Region - Richmond, VA Chapter
Julie Lovelace, Manhattan Construction, South Central Region - Tulsa, OK Chapter
Leah Curran, Tri-Supply & Equipment, Northeast Region - Wilmington, DE Chapter (Liaison to NAWIC Health and Safety Committee)