- Committee chair: Misti Burdine
- Committee co-chair: Jasmyn Knight
Committee Core Purpose: Empowering Emerging Professional Women in the Construction Industry to maximize their impact on the job.
Vivid Description: This committee’s goals are to help our chapters attract, retain, and bring value to the women who are new to NAWIC and/or the construction industry. We want to bridge the gap between seasoned members and new members by providing a mentoring program, articles, event ideas, and other resources. Our Emerging Professionals will benefit from learning and gaining guidance from existing NAWIC members. Likewise, the Emerging Professionals have a wealth of experiences, ideas, and abilities which will benefit our organization as a whole. We want this group to be inclusive, as it will take all of us to support and engage our Emerging Professionals and help build the best possible future for NAWIC.
Committee Goal: Promote NAWIC to emerging professionals through networking, education, & events.
- Mentoring Program:
- Develop national subcommittee for mentorship program – Head up the national database members can access experience.
- Create at the region level information of potential mentors and mentees and how to match women up. Will work with national group to form logistics of how to create program for regions.
- Contact Colleges/Trades Schools:
- Experience Database:
- Career Development:
- Arm women starting out with the tools to maximize their impact on the job. MB to join with PD&E on Personal Branding.
- Recognize individuals and employers that exemplify the goals of this committee and choose to invest in themselves and the development of their employees.
FAQ – Emerging Professionals: What does “Emerging Professionals” mean, anyway? Why is it critical to the future success of NAWIC and the construction industry? Click the headline to learn the answers to these questions and more.
NAWIC Mentor Program
Strategic Plan – Are you curious to know more about what Emerging Professionals is all about? This document highlights our long-term goals for the committee and organization.
Tips & Tricks – Struggling to finds ways to start an EP program in your chapter? Are you looking for new ways to engage your emerging professionals?
Emerging Professionals Handbook – Are you passionate about Emerging Professionals and interested in getting involved on the chapter, regional, or national level? Here’s what being an EP chair is all about.
Past Webinar Recordings - Did you miss one of our Webinars? No worries, you can find our recordings here.
Hard Hats & High Heels Award Guidelines
Hard Hats & High Heels Award Nomination Form
Hard Hat’s & High Heel’s Award Nominations Checklist
Chapter Future Leader of the Year Nomination Form
Chapter WIC of the Year Nomination Form
Chapter Boss of the Year Nomination Form
Chapter Appreciation Night Nomination Form