NAWIC Annual Conference Safety Plan
NAWIC is committed to making the 2021 Annual Conference a safe event. Below are the safety precautions and procedures that will be in place throughout the event.
NAWIC is following CDC guidelines, as well as local rules and recommendations.
Measures may be adjusted between now and the event so please check back regularly for the most up-to-date information. Significant updates will be communicated to registered attendees and the final plan will be distributed prior to the event.
As of Aug. 3, 2021:
- Per the state of North Carolina’s guidelines, masks are required for attendees who have not been vaccinated and encouraged for all attendees.
- General Session and breakout room seating has been adjusted to allow for more distance between attendees. Fewer attendees will be seated per table in the general session area. Chairs in breakout sessions will be placed 1 1/2-2 ft. apart.
- Guides will be placed on the floor to facilitate social distancing in areas where lines may form (registration, store, ticket exchange, etc.)
- Food and beverage service will be adjusted to help prevent the spread of germs.
- To prevent the spread of germs, cash will not be accepted at registration or in the store. Debit/credit cards, checks, Cash App and Venmo are the only forms of payment that will be accepted.
- Attendees will choose a bracelet at registration to represent what level of socialization they are comfortable with while at conference:
- Green bracelets mean the attendee is comfortable with socializing without social distancing.
- Red bracelets means that the attendee would like to social distance while socializing.
Your safety is our top priority. Please contact Communications Manager Makenzie Plusnick at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns we can address.