To strengthen and amplify the success of women in the construction industry
Commitment to inclusion and growth
NAWIC's Code of Professionalism:
WHEREAS, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN IN CONSTRUCTION, hereinafter referred to as NAWIC, is an international association dedicated to the advancement of women in the construction industry, and
WHEREAS, integrity, professionalism, respect and courtesy are all fundamental values of NAWIC, and
WHEREAS, NAWIC's officers, directors, staff and members represent the Association to others within and outside of the construction industry, and
WHEREAS, NAWIC and its members wish to set out in writing the code of professionalism by which they strive to implement their fundamental values in all their actions, for both internal and external activities,
NOW, THEREFORE, the following is adopted as the CODE OF PROFESSIONALISM of the National Association of Women in Construction:
- NAWIC members will act at all times in conformance with the following Association Policy NAWIC is self-governing, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian.
- NAWIC members will use their best efforts to ensure that the statements made and positions taken fairly represent the view of the entire group on behalf of which they are authorized to speak.
- NAWIC members, when representing members of the Association, will take steps to hear and consider the views of all their constituents and make those members feel that their views are important, even if the position taken is in disagreement with any member's particular views.
- NAWIC members, when representing the Association, its Committees, Regions, Councils or Chapters shall give those positions their full support.
- NAWIC members shall treat as confidential any information to which they are given access by virtue of being an officer or director, candidate for office, or director-elect.
- NAWIC members shall conduct themselves professionally in the course of any activities affecting the Association, including campaigning for office.
NAWIC's Position on Harassment:
The recent spotlight on sexual harassment of women in the workplace is an appropriate time to reiterate that the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) condemns the act of sexual harassment. It has been one of the barriers to increasing the number of women in the construction field and should never be tolerated.
It is also important to recognize that the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) opposes and condemns all forms of harassment in the workplace, regardless of whether it is based on age, ethnicity, race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion or marital status.
NAWIC’s Core Purpose is to enhance the success of women in the construction industry.
To this end, NAWIC is committed to helping members via education and training, experience a safe workplace environment that is free of threats, harassment or assault, whether they are employees, managers, supervisors, employers or business owners.