The NAWIC Founders’ Scholarship Foundation (NFSF) was established in 1963 by NAWIC to assist in providing the construction industry with trained employees through higher education. Construction is the only industry that encompasses almost every professional discipline. Literally every career sector is available to you: trades, project management, administrative, legal, financial, insurance, business owner…the list is virtually endless. Once someone decides on a career in construction, they then have to find ways to pay for their education. The NAWIC Founders Scholarship Foundation (NFSF) is here to help.
Each year we are pleased to award over $25,000 to worthy recipients in construction-related programs. Award amounts range from $500 to $2,500. Some local chapters award scholarships as well. Please contact the National NAWIC Office to find a chapter near you: 800-552-3506. For questions on eligibility please see below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the 2018 Award Recipients! The entire list can be found here.
- PLEASE NOTE: Scholarship winners will be contacted by the NFSF committee. If you are an applicant, please do not call the national office to check on scholarship status.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a construction-related degree program at a school in the United States and must have a least one term remaining in a course of study leading to a degree or an associate degree in a construction-related field. High school seniors and those pursuing graduate degrees are not eligible.
- Applicant must desire a career in a construction-related field.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time.
- Applicant must have a current cumulative GPA or 3.0 or higher to be considered for awards.
- To be considered, the Application and all attachments must be complete and received via email by February 28th for the next following academic year. If your school only mails transcripts, please email NFSF (email@example.com) for the address to mail the transcripts to. Official sealed transcripts must also be received no later than February 28th. THIS DEADLINE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED.
- Only students enrolled in a school in the United States will be considered for awards.
Construction Trades Scholarship
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a construction-related training program which is approved by the Bureau of Apprenticeship Training, community college, technical school or equivalent.
- Applicant must be obtaining training in a construction-related craft or trade.
Information on Awarding Scholarships Through NFSF:
The NAWIC Founders' Scholarship Foundation is an equal opportunity organization, and encourages applications from all individuals. The Foundation is recognized by the IRS as a 509(a)(3) Corporation, so all donations are deductible as charitable contributions.
- Application for NFSF Administration of Scholarship Award (Due by 2/28/2019)